Wherein the White Hydra Mercenaries return to Golemoro’s mansion for some much needed recuperation… and are given cause to reflect upon their busy day…
The Ten Tenets of Bushido
* Rectitude (義, gi) – Was I morally righteous in my actions? What can I do today to further my journey along The Way? Did I do something beautiful to make the world a better place? Is there someone who needs to be protected or avenged that I should take it upon myself to do so?
* Courage (勇, yū) – What gave me pause today? Was there something I feared that I avoided? If not, let me seek out something I am afraid of and overcome it.
* Benevolence (仁, jin) – Who was I kind to today? Was there someone in need of my kindness that did not receive it? Could someone use my service or guidance?
* Respect (礼, rei) – Did I show respect to others today, even if they didn’t deserve it? Did I earn respect? If not, who does not respect me and what can I do to change their mind?
* Honesty (誠 makoto, or 信 shin) – Was I honest today in word and deed? Was I honest with myself? Do I know of a falsehood that endangers another? What can I do to resolve it?
* Honor, Glory (名誉, meiyo) – What did I do to bring honor upon myself and my family? Did I do something to dishonor myself or another? What can I do to assuage that shame? Is seppuku truly my last honorable resort?
* Loyalty (忠義, chūgi) – Was I loyal to my friends, family, and sworn masters? What can I do today to prove my loyalty?
* Filial Piety (孝, kō) – Did I show the proper respect to my elders? Did I allow someone to disrespect theirs? What can I do to restore honor?
* Wisdom (智, chi) – Were my actions today wise? What council can I take from my experiences? Is there someone who I can take council from? What did I learn today? What can I do today to improve myself? Did I philosophize or meditate on any great mysteries? Did I try to uncover any?
* Care for the Departed (悌, tei) – Were the souls of the dead and their final resting places (especially those of my ancestors) cared for and protected? Who is looking out for their interests if not me? Did I bring my noble ancestors honor? What did I do today they would be proud of?
Welcome to the Blackspire RPG Campaign Actual-Play Podcast… a dark, baroque, postmodern love letter to Dungeons and Dragons.
Blackspire is an ongoing sci-fantasy epic told through the lens of a Dungeons & Dragons game and set in an original world of dark, baroque glory!
The episode was written, produced, and edited by Robert Randle and played by members of the Baltimore Role-Players Unite Weekly (or B.R.U.W. Crew for short).
Comedian Jim Meyer played BISHAMONTEN. Be sure to check Jim out on his other actual-play podcast: Laughfinder, or visit his website the Jim Meyer Experience.com for information concerning his upcoming appearances.
All music and foley content used in this program has been made available for use under the Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License… but extra special thanks is due to Kevin MacLeod of Incompetech, David Fesliyan at FesliyanStudios.com, Jingle Punks, Audionautix, MK2, Silent Partner, the various talented composers at Media Right Productions, and the many inspired folks over at ZapSplat.com and Freesound.org.
This episode of the Blackspire RPG Campaign features music from Flowers For Bodysnatchers off of the album Aoikigahara (Kuroi Jukai, Field of Ink) and from Atrium Carceri off of the album Codex (The Empty Chapel, A Memory Lost)
Visit https://cryochamber.bandcamp.com/ for more dark ambient.
Music (Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License – http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)
Kevin MacLeod at Incompetech
Shenyang (the “Fish Song”)
Sao Meo (Temple Theme)
Sao_Meo_Orchestral_Mix (Temple Theme)
David Fesliyan at FesliyanStudios.com
Dark Hero (Outro)
SFX (Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License – http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)
Media Right Productions:
lilesound_2_Stream Water, Medium Flow
sound_design_cinematic_hit_dark_reverberant_shock_terror_suspense_002_12075 (Bumbershoot of Shadows/Darkness)
magic-gong (Touch of Serenity)
#dnd #dungeonsanddragons #dungeons #dnd5e #podcast #dndpodcast #podernfamily #rpg #roleplaying #roleplayinggame #dndcharacter #rpgs #rpggames #tabletop #tabletopgames #tabletopgaming #tabletopgame #ttrpg #gaming #Combopod #gamer #gamers #ravenloft #pathfinder #callofcthulhu
#magick #BlackspireRPG #newadventurehook