Wherein the dark and terrible world of Blackspire is revealed to its newest citizen.
Join Blackspire’s creator and GM: Robert Randle and the rest of the Baltimore Role-Players Unite Weekly (or B.R.U.W. Crew) as they introduce the newest Player Character to the Blackspire world… Laughfinder‘s own, comedian Jim Meyer.
The Ten Tenets of Bushido.
* Rectitude (義, gi) – Was I morally righteous in my actions? What can I do today to further my journey along The Way? Did I do something beautiful to make the world a better place? Is there someone who needs to be protected or avenged that I should take it upon myself to do so?
* Courage (勇, yū) – What gave me pause today? Was there something I feared that I avoided? If not, let me seek out something I am afraid of and overcome it.
* Benevolence (仁, jin) – Who was I kind to today? Was there someone in need of my kindness that did not receive it? Could someone use my service or guidance?
* Respect (礼, rei) – Did I show respect to others today, even if they didn’t deserve it? Did I earn respect? If not, who does not respect me and what can I do to change their mind?
* Honesty (誠 makoto, or 信 shin) – Was I honest today in word and deed? Was I honest with myself? Do I know of a falsehood that endangers another? What can I do to resolve it?
* Honor, Glory (名誉, meiyo) – What did I do to bring honor upon myself and my family? Did I do something to dishonor myself or another? What can I do to assuage that shame? Is seppuku truly my last honorable resort?
* Loyalty (忠義, chūgi) – Was I loyal to my friends, family, and sworn masters? What can I do today to prove my loyalty?
* Filial Piety (孝, kō) – Did I show the proper respect to my elders? Did I allow someone to disrespect theirs? What can I do to restore honor?
* Wisdom (智, chi) – Were my actions today wise? What council can I take from my experiences? Is there someone who I can take council from? What did I learn today? What can I do today to improve myself? Did I philosophize or meditate on any great mysteries? Did I try to uncover any?
* Care for the Departed (悌, tei) – Were the souls of the dead and their final resting places (especially those of my ancestors) cared for and protected? Who is looking out for their interests if not me? Did I bring my noble ancestors honor? What did I do today they would be proud of?
BISHAMONTEN the stone golem samurai (played by comedian Jim Meyer)
G’eldatar D’Vosh: the drow (or in Blackspire the “Lolthian”) alchemist, with his demon-possed left hand
Welcome to the Blackspire RPG Campaign Actual-Play Podcast… a dark, baroque, postmodern love letter to Dungeons and Dragons.
Blackspire is an ongoing sci-fantasy epic told through the lens of a Dungeons & Dragons game and set in an original world of dark, baroque glory!
The episode was written, produced, and edited by Robert Randle and played by members of the Baltimore Role-Players Unite Weekly (or B.R.U.W. Crew for short).
Comedian Jim Meyer played BISHAMONTEN. Be sure to check Jim out on his other actual-play podcast: Laughfinder, or visit his website the Jim Meyer Experience.com for information concerning his upcoming appearances.
All music and foley content used in this program has been made available for use under the Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License… but extra special thanks is due to Kevin MacLeod of Incompetech, David Fesliyan at FesliyanStudios.com, Jingle Punks, Audionautix, MK2, Silent Partner, the various talented composers at Media Right Productions, and the many inspired folks over at ZapSplat.com and Freesound.org.
SOUND CREDITS Music (Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/) Kevin MacLeod at Incompetech Gnarled_Situation (Introduction) Crusade_Video_Classica (Journal of MKKM) Chase_Pulse Asian_Drums_Vadodara Eastern_Thought Chanter Awkward_Meeting_Supernatural_Haunting Ambush_The_Descent Heroic_Age A Mission (Outro) Jingle Punks Flying_Free Puddle of Infinity It_Maintains_Eyes_Change Sumo Blanco Atmosphere_merlin_16 Audionautix Dark_City Renaissance Doug Maxwell, Zac Zinger Hon_Kyoku David Fesliyan at FesliyanStudios.com Dark Hero (Outro) SFX (Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/) Media Right Productions: Max Surla Day_of_Recon_Sting (Introduction) ZapSplat nature_thunder_clap_close (Introduction) sound_design_lfe_airy_blowing_pipe_dark_big_reverb_scary_001_10634 (Introduction) science_fiction_forcefield_001 magical_portal_open_002_12506 science_fiction_hit foley_raincoat_walking_fast_marching_movements science_fiction_teleportation_arrive magic_wand_spell_appear_twinkle_001_12539 sound_design_cinematic_hit_dark_reverberant_shock_terror_suspense_007_12080 foley_stone_slab_scrape_006 sound_design_knock_bang_cinematic_big_reverb_horror_10633 MK2 Hero_Theme_Sting (Introduction) Audionautix Big_Horns_Intro_2 Doug Maxwell Space_Chatter Church_Bell_Celebration_Sting Twin Musicom Operating_System_Sting Jingle Punks Flying_Free_Sting Angelic_Happiness_Sting Garden_Walk_Sting Sage Tyrtle nature_fire_burning_crackle_fireplace Soundbits JustChains_pitched_Just_Chains-Drops_17 JustChains_Just_Chains-Drops_09 Kevin MacLeod at Incompetech Light_Sting Der_Kleber_Sting Discovery_Hit Freeify Music Creaky_Oven_Door_Open Sliding_Glass_Door_Series High_To_Low_Sweep Womb Affliction flute-trill jameswrowles jacobs-ladder-sample-1 akrythael bard-melody-2 timbre remix-of-15362-djgriffin-tibetan-chant-1-stretchedx3 bryansmosh hover-craft-board-sound-effect
#dnd #dungeonsanddragons #dungeons #dnd5e #podcast #dndpodcast #podernfamily #rpg #roleplaying #roleplayinggame #dndcharacter #rpgs #rpggames #tabletop #tabletopgames #tabletopgaming #tabletopgame #ttrpg #gaming #Combopod #gamer #gamers #ravenloft #pathfinder #callofcthulhu
#magick #BlackspireRPG #newadventurehook